Back to Services
The Student Disciplinary Council (SDC) is a body formed by the Chancellor under the administrative supervision of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. It replaces the now defunct Student Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT) as a disciplinary arm of the University, as per the 2012 UP Diliman Code of Student Conduct.
A safe and nurturing university environment where students learn civility, veer away from destructive behavior, develop nationalism and social responsibility, and thrive in a community of scholars that uphold the highest standards of honor and excellence.
- Orient faculty and students about the relevance of ethical conduct to academic and personal life
- Ensure fair, just, and effective promotion of ethical behavior, moral consciousness, peaceful management of conflicts, and enforcement of principled discipline
- Initiate review of the Code as a living document
- Facilitate the development of students’ social and behavioral skills that would help them excel in a globally competitive environment
- Receive copies of all complaints and case reports involving student misconduct
- Facilitate alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods in cases involving less serious misconduct committed outside the jurisdiction of a college
- Form ad hoc committees that will hear and resolve cases involving serious misconduct, except intellectual dishonesty, and less serious misconduct involving more than one college
- Monitor the progress and resolution of all cases, including enforcement of corrective measures, and submit status reports to the Chancellor
- Accept and process requests for student disciplinary clearance
The following flowchart is a summarized version of the different ways cases are handled. For a more detailed workflow, see Appendix C of the 2012 UP Diliman Code of Student Conduct.
Online Clearance Application Form
Client Feedback Form
PROF. JOSEPHINE DIONISIO
Rooms 201 to 204 Vinzons Hall
9818500 loc. 4509 (Staff) or 4526 (Chair)