Dùnong: UP Diliman Journal of Student Research is an open-access journal of peer-reviewed
research produced primarily by students of UP Diliman and secondarily by faculty with research related to student affairs and welfare. It aims to publish the best of emergent and interdisciplinary student research in UP Diliman and to introduce young researchers to the editorial process toward cultivating an ethical culture of critique. All articles undergo a double-blind review process and are published on an online platform to accommodate more innovative approaches to presenting these materials.
Who may submit?
The call for submissions is open to:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students of UP Diliman currently enrolled at the time of submission
- UP Diliman alumni who graduated within two (2) years of their graduation date on the day of submission, whose work was produced during their undergraduate or graduate years
UP Diliman faculty or staff may also submit papers that specifically discuss topics on UP student affairs, UP education, UP environment, or similar themes.
Dunong accepts single and multiple authorships. In cases of mixed authorship wherein one or more of the writers do not fall under the categories above, the submission will still be accepted as long as the main author is affiliated in the aforementioned contexts.
- Dunong accepts papers on topics across all disciplines. Papers on interdisciplinary research are encouraged and prioritized.
- Submissions must be in English or Filipino, 3,000-7,000 words in length, Times New Roman 12, double-spaced, and documented in CMS Notes-Bibliography or Author-Date format. Works must be saved in *doc or *docx, and images sent separately in *jpeg or *png.
- Contributors are requested to accomplish the submission form in full, but to remove information from their manuscript that may identify the author, such as name, student number, course and college, etc.
- Authors have the responsibility to secure permissions for copyrighted material that they use or borrow for their papers.
- The work/article must not have been previously published in a journal, periodical, or academic database. Previously unpublished full papers on previously recognized outputs, inventions, or innovations may still be considered.
- Only one submission is allowed per author for sole-authored works. A maximum of two is allowed for multi-authored works.
Qualified members of the UP Diliman community may submit papers until 15 May 2021 at https://bit.ly/OVCSADunongBin. Email email@example.com for any questions/concerns.
All the best, mga Iskolar ng Bayan!