Hello there! The UP Diliman Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs’ #OpportunitiesCorner is an update on available scholarships, exchange programs, conferences, workshops, and other skill-enhancing initiatives for UP Diliman students. Here’s for the 2nd week of February 2024:
ASEAN CYBER SHIELD MSC CYBER SECURITY SCHOLARSHIP
The Office of International Linkages Diliman (OILD) is pleased to inform you that the University Teknologi
Brunei (UTB) with the support of the Korea Internet & Security Agency (KISA) is offering an ASEAN Cyber
Shield MSc Cyber Security Scholarship to eligible candidates tenable in Brunei Darussalam for the
2024/2025 Academic Session.
Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB), with the support of KISA, is pleased to invite applications for the ASEAN CYBER SHIELD MSc Cyber Security Scholarship for ASEAN students tenable in Brunei Darussalam for the 2023/2024 academic session. The Scholarship allows applicants to pursue studies at the Postgraduate Master’s Degree level in Master of Science in Cyber Security at Universiti Teknologi Brunei.
The academic year commences in July 2024.
- Not exceed the age of 35 on 1 September in the year when the programme starts.
- Be proficient in English with at least a Credit 6 at the GCE’ O’ Level Examination or a Grade ‘B’ in IGCSE English (as a second language) or an IELTS minimum score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum score of 550.
- At least second-class honours Bachelor’s degree in a relevant IT discipline, recognised by the UTB’s Senate. Applicants with other qualifications will be considered case-by-case, considering all pertinent work or experiences.
- Where candidates completed their higher education more than two(2) years before their current application, they will need to show that they have continued to study or work in the medium of English.
For further information about the programme, click here
- The opening date for the application for the scholarship is 1 SEPTEMBER 2023.
- The closing date for the application for the scholarship is 31 MARCH 2024.
- An applicant may be required to appear for an online interview to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English Language.
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained.
- Applicants must complete an online application through http://apply.utb.edu.bn
- Documents to be uploaded in the application form:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Personal statement.
- Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts, English qualifications).
- Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport.
- References and recommendations from two referees.
- Certified translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents not in English.
- Certified true copies of medical health screening, indicating fit to study (must be done in home country).
- Vetting documents.
- For further queries, please get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Successful applicants will be contacted via email for further consideration in the selection process.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email.
Terms and Conditions
The complete listing of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship will be provided to the applicant once the application is successful and a scholarship is offered. A declaration will be required to be signed confirming understanding and agreement to these terms and conditions upon acceptance of the Scholarship.
In general, the scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the Scholarship as follows:
- Exemption from tuition fees, including acceptance, programme deposit, examination, student association, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme.
- Return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Brunei Darussalam via the most direct route.
- A monthly allowance of USD$660.
- Book allowance of USD$450.
- Student pass visa fees.
- The scholarship recipient will need to obtain comprehensive insurance coverage for the whole scholarship duration when he/she registers during the orientation, which will cost around BND$80 (international students). The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his/her travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his/her own expense.
- The Scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without prior approval of UTB. The Scholarship may be terminated or revoked immediately should the recipient be found holding another scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without prior written approval from UTB.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family member with him/her for the duration of the Scholarship. No marriage or child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient, and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child or children.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the Scholarship. A scholarship recipient is required to:
- conform to all the rules and regulations underlying this Scholarship;
- abide by the rules and regulations of the University;
- respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam;
- obey all the laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam;
- refrain from engaging in political activities;
- undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam if deemed necessary by the UTB;
- Upon completion of the programme, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam immediately.
YSEALI Academy: “The Future of Mental Health in Southeast Asia: From Individuals to Organizations” Health Seminar
The YSEALI Academy is thrilled to launch the application for its first Health Seminar on “The Future of Mental Health in Southeast Asia: From Individuals to Organizations!” Through highly immersive, competency-promoting workshops, this seminar will equip you with leadership skills that promote mental well-being and productivity in organizations and communities.
The Health Seminar targets budding managers who want to develop leadership competencies that promote mental wellbeing in their teams, organizations and communities while retaining productivity. Acquiring leadership skills that promote organizational mental wellbeing is a highly practical endeavour. The health seminar will teach leadership practice through a series of 5 highly, immersive, customized workshops that focus on creating psychological safety, teamwork, and communication. The workshops will be complemented by lectures delivering cutting-edge knowledge about emerging topics such as neurodiversity and the role of biotechnology and AI in mental health treatments.
- Not exceed the age of 35 on 01 September 2024;
- Proficient in English with at least a Credit 6 at GCE;
- ‘O’ Level Examination or a Grade ‘B’ in IGCSE
- English (as a second language) or an IELTS minimum score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum
score of 550 or equivalent
- At least a second-class honors bachelor’s degree in a relevant IT discipline; and
- Must complete their higher education not more than 2 years prior to application. If more than 2 years, candidates need to show that they have continued to study or work in the medium of English.
The scholarship is offered for one year full-time to complete the academic program and will commence in
July 2024. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fee;
- Return air travel – payment of single return economy class airfare to and from Brunei Darussalam,
via the most direct route;
- Monthly allowance;
- Book allowance; and
- Visa fees
The deadline for submission of applications for the scholarship program is on 31 March 2024.
For more information regarding the application procedure, please visit their website:
Interested applicants may also contact OIL Diliman via UP Trunkline at 8981-8500 local 2561 (c/o Ms.
Catherine Tagaban) or email email@example.com.
SÉJOURS SCIENTIFIQUES DE HAUT NIVEAU (SSHN SCHOLARSHIP)
The Embassy of France to the Philippines and Micronesia implements the French Government Scholarship
Programme (France Excellence), within which is the Séjours Scientifiques de Haut Niveau (SSHN).
Addressing academic and research staff wishing to spend some time in a higher education or research
institution in France. The SSHN also aims to be a tool to increase cooperation with French institutions.
- Nationality: any candidate with a tenure position in a public or private higher education institution
or scientific research laboratory in the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands, Palau,
or the Philippines and holder of one of these four nationalities is eligible. Please note that binational
candidates holding the nationality of one of the countries of the European Union are not eligible.
- Degree: only holders of PhD degrees are eligible. According to the programme rules, candidates
who have obtained a doctorate for more than 5 years will be considered “confirmed researchers.”
Candidates who have obtained a doctorate within the last 5 years are considered “young
- Length of mobility: from 2 weeks (14 days) to 4 weeks (28 days). A longer stay may be
considered if consistent proof of co-financing is included in the application.
- Dates of mobility: in 2024, only mobilities scheduled between the 15th of September and ending,
at the latest on December 1, will be eligible. If the host institution in France can host the grantee,
the mobility can start earlier and be organized on June 1.
Selection Criteria and Mobility
Applications will be assessed based on the precision of the project and elements ensuring the added value
and impact of the mobility on personal, institutional, and cooperation levels.
The cover letter and/or letter of invitation may include a description of the activities to be carried out during
the stay (e.g., titles of scientific articles in preparation), the reasons for the choice of the host organization,
past achievements in line with the mobility project, relevance to the areas of research developed by the
home laboratories, and actions generating the strengthening or creation of new collaborations.
The quality and precision of the work plan will be assessed through the mobility timetable, which must demonstrate that the project has been carefully prepared in advance. Candidates proposing co-financing will be positively
The results will be public and will include a main list and a waiting list.
The results will be sent by email, along with a description of the procedure to comply with the travel
arrangements and visa applications.
The Embassy of France to the Philippines and Micronesia will link the
grantee with Campus France Paris, which is responsible for organizing the practical aspects of mobility.
Any mobility not started or not confirmed by June 15th, will be automatically cancelled. The scholarship will
be given to a candidate on the waiting list. Unfortunately, no scholarship can be transferred to the following
year, whatever the reason may be.
April 07, 2024: Deadline for application
April 22, 2024: Release of results
June 15, 2024: Deadline for sending the full file to Campus France Paris
September 15 to December 01, 2024: Mobility period in France
Form and documents are to be sent in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may also contact OIL Diliman via UP Trunkline 8981-8500 local 2561 (c/o Ms. Catherine
Tagaban) or email us at email@example.com