Hello there! The UP Diliman Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs’ #OpportunitiesCorner is an update on available scholarships, exchange programs, conferences, workshops, and other skill-enhancing initiatives for UP Diliman students. Here’s for the 5th week of November 2023:
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: GERDA HENKEL PRIZE 2024
Every two years, the Gerda Henkel Foundation presents the Gerda Henkel Prize for outstanding scholarly achievements in the disciplines and funding areas supported by the Foundation. The award is endowed with 100,000 Euros. On behalf of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees, we hereby cordially invite you to nominate an individual or a research team for the Gerda Henkel Prize 2024.
Nominations can be submitted for excellent and internationally acclaimed researchers working in the disciplines and research areas supported by the Gerda Henkel Foundation. The deadline is 31 January 2024.
The focus of funding by the Gerda Henkel Foundation is on the historical humanities: Archaeology, History, Historical Islamic Studies, Art History, History of Law, Prehistory and Early History, and History of Science. Research projects that explore current issues in a larger historical context or consciously focus on topics of relevance to the present or the future receive support from programmes of a limited duration such as, for example, the “Democracy”, “Forced Migration” and “Lost Cities” funding programmes. As part of the Lisa Maskell Fellowship programme, the Foundation supports young scholars in the humanities in Africa. With its “Patrimonies” funding initiative, it promotes the preservation of the cultural heritage, specifically in regions experiencing crisis. These programmes also support research projects in Heritage Studies, Historical Building Research, Cultural Studies, Political Science, Law, Restoration and Conservation, and the Social Sciences.
For more detailed information on the call for nominations and the decision-making process please visit the Gerda Henkel Foundation’s website (https://www.gerda-henkel-stiftung.de/en/prize).
SASEA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME 2023
The SG Academies South-East Asia Fellowship (SASEAF) Programme aims to attract bright postgraduate researchers from South-East Asia to Singapore research institutions for a 2-year long fellowship. This fellowship was first known as the SNAS ASEAN Fellowship in 2020, renamed to the SG Academies ASEAN Fellowship, and then further revised to SASEAF in 2021. It is now administered by three academies in Singapore – the Singapore National Academy of Science (SNAS), together with the Academy of Medicine Singapore (AMS), and the Academy of Engineering Singapore (SAEng) – and funded by the National Research Foundation (NRF).
Documents Required for Application
- Application Form
- Research Proposal (no longer than 2 pages) developed in consultation with the host professor(s) / PI(s) at the Singapore University.
- Host professor / PI’s in-principle approval with his/her official email ID.
- Certified copies of diplomas and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from referees (e.g. current/past supervisors, collaborators, etc.) stating your suitability for this fellowship. The letters should be submitted directly by your referee.
- Applicant’s training, aptitude, and experience: Academic qualifications, performance, relevant experience, aptitude to benefit from the fellowship program, and the ability to add value after his / her return home.
- Relevance and Quality of the Research Proposal: The proposal must be well-designed and innovative, and the stipulated outputs must be achievable during the fellowship tenure.
- Personal Qualities: The applicant should continue to practice science after completion of this fellowship and contribute to scientific advancements through various means, including formal education, science promotion/application, or policy-making, for a better and stronger South-East Asia. He or she must be someone who values collaboration between Southeast Asian countries and will strive to foster strong bonds between academic bodies in the region.
The application deadline is 31 December 2023 (Sunday).
For more information on the application procedure, please refer to the appended poster and/or visit our official website at https://snas.org.sg/saseaf.
For queries, please contact the SNAS administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AUN INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME 2024
ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat is currently seeking highly motivated and academically accomplished students to join our team as interns. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in interregional cooperation in the field of higher education, working closely with our experienced staff and participating in real-world projects and tasks.
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Possess good command of English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google equivalents (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Be willing to comply with the rules and regulations of the AUN Secretariat Office
How to apply
The application is now open year-round for three batches. Please apply through the registration form (https://forms.gle/FC1U58gWc2ApS4CP9) by the deadline of each internship batch as follows:
Batch 1: January – April 2024
Application deadline: 25 December 2023
Batch 2: May – August 2024
Application deadline: 25 February 2024
Batch 3: September – December 2024
Application deadline: 25 June 2024
For the full ASEAN University Network Internship Programme Guideline, please visit https://docs.google.com/…/1hVxppn6uI2clPqZXyn98…/edit…