Hello there! The UP Diliman Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs’ #OpportunitiesCorner is an update on available scholarships, exchange programs, conferences, workshops, and other skill-enhancing initiatives for UP Diliman students. Here’s for the first week of March 2022!
UP Diliman Women’s Month 2022
This Women’s Month 2022, let us continue our fight for a just and equal future!
Take part in the university’s month-long celebration with the theme “Defend UP: Manindigan para sa Paghilom, Pagbangon, Pagsulong, at Pagkakapantay-pantay!” Please refer to the roster of events below for the complete list of activities this March!
- March 7, 1pm to 4pm: Start ‘Em Young GST – Social Science, Law, Arts and Letters
- March 8: International Women’s Day Protest Action
- March 14, 1pm to 4pm: Start ‘Em Young GST – Management and Economics
- March 18: Botante, Bayan, Babae – Basic Voters’ Education and Sectoral Participation
- March 21, 1pm to 4pm: Start ‘Em Young GST – Engineering
- March 23: Botante, Bayan, Babae – Discussion on Issue-based Stand of Candidates
- March 25: Botante, Bayan, Babae – Women, Youth, LGBTQIA++ Electoral Agenda
- March 28, 1pm to 4pm: Start ‘Em Young GST – Natural Sciences
- April 01, 1pm to 4pm: Start ‘Em Young GST – Other students with SN 2020 and 2021
For more details, visit the UP Diliman Gender Office Facebook page.
What does it take to lead change in our country? Teach for the Philippines is inviting aspiring leaders and education advocates to attend our free career talk happening on Saturday, March 5 at 7PM. Here you’ll get the chance to hear the inspiring stories of those at the forefront of nation building, and will even get the chance to interact with our guest performer Ben&Ben!
Registration is free, but slots are running out. The event is open to people of any degree background and professional field. Register now at bit.ly/TFPPagtataya2022!
For more details and to receive updates on the event, like and follow our Facebook page.
The University of the Philippines Diliman recognizes the contribution of student organizations to the life of an academic community, to the production of knowledge and to the future of the country. A significant way to recognize the role and relevance of student organizations is given through the Parangal sa Samahang Mag-aaral (Ignacio B. Gimenez Award for UP Student Organizations’ Social Innovation Projects).
Awards will be given to student organizations that successfully implemented notable social innovation projects from January 2021 to December 2022. These will be given in six (6) categories from:
- Education and Literacy
- Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Health, Sports, and Wellness
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Culture and the Arts
- Peace-building and Social Development
The organization must be a registered organization during the time that the project was completed and at present. Awardees are entitled to a cash prize of PHP 20,000.
For the complete guidelines and details, visit http://bit.ly/UPDPSM_22.